VMware Cloud Community
zvitinslv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VIO upgrade

Hello,

I successfully install patch, but when I tried to upgrade VIO via web client, I got error: Preparation error, "Failed to upgrade OpenStack. Insufficient IP addresses.".

Which logs I have to check and how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zvitinslv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got answer from VMWare, that I can not change or extend access network

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

To perform an upgrade you need sufficient number of  IP addresses in your management and external (API) networks that you used to deploy VIO 1.0 . To extend those ranges, go to VIO Web client plugin, click on "Manage" tab and then in networking section right click on the IP ranges to edit them.

You need additional 18 IP addresses for management network and 2 IP addresses for external (API) network. You will also need 1 additional IP in each of those networks for private & public VIP, however those will be defined during the upgrade process.

Hope that helps. Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
zvitinslv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

there is only one option, "add ip range" my public network is /29, and there is no option to change or extend this subnet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
zvitinslv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got answer from VMWare, that I can not change or extend access network

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you provide more details on how your network is arranged for the Mgmt Cluster?

What all VLANs are uplinked to the DVS? Are you essentially using Distributed Port Groups for the subnets such as Mgmt Network etc?  Perhaps a simple diagram of your network layout....

I want to check if there is a way to do something at the DVS/Port Group level so that we can expand the available IP set.

I will take note of requirement for ability to switch networks for VIO ... but in general for prod deployment we don't come across this requirement.

arvind

0 Kudos