VMware Cloud Community
hell_tej
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VIO and SSO error

Hello Guyz,

I have installed the VIO and plugin is visible in webclient. When i click on Openstack icon on home screen it shows Connect to management server icon.

When i try to connect to the management server it gives following error.

error.jpg

I have performed following troubleshooting steps:

1) I have added hosts file entry for ip and domain name

2) I enabled sso in management server by executing "enablesso https://<IP>:7444/lookupservice/sdk" and it seem to be executed sucessfully and i had restarted oms service

NOTE: I have added the installer logs with this post.

Let me know if i am missing any steps.

Thanks

Tejas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Tejas,

Most common reason to that error is when you don't have SSL certificate for your vcenter, your certificate is invalid or it's generated for different hostname that the one actually used when configuring VIO. If that's the case, and if you are using VCSA, you might want to regenerate the certificate using the admin panel of VCSA.

The other reason might be that time is out of sync between management server and VCSA. Please check what's the time in VC and management server, if they are out of sync, enable NTP or adjust time manually.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Karol

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Tejas,

Most common reason to that error is when you don't have SSL certificate for your vcenter, your certificate is invalid or it's generated for different hostname that the one actually used when configuring VIO. If that's the case, and if you are using VCSA, you might want to regenerate the certificate using the admin panel of VCSA.

The other reason might be that time is out of sync between management server and VCSA. Please check what's the time in VC and management server, if they are out of sync, enable NTP or adjust time manually.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
yjia
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you  the enablesso is successed but you can't connect to the managment server, For most of the case it's NTP issue.

You need to use the same NTP server for both OMS and your VC server.

Regards,

Yixing.

0 Kudos