0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Jegwang,

You used the same subnet for both public and management network. You should use two different subnets for those. If you really want to use single subnet, run following commands on both load balancer VMs:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter=0

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth1.rp_filter=0

That should enable accessing public VIP. Note that to make it permanent after VM restart, you should add that to /etc/sysctl.conf.

Another note: this is unsupported configuration and you may expect other things to break. Also settings I specified above make your loadbalancers vulnerable to IP address spoofing, so you shouldn't put them in Internet accessible network.  The proper solution for this is to redeploy VIO using separate subnets for public and management network.

Best Regards,

Karol

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Jegwang,

You used the same subnet for both public and management network. You should use two different subnets for those. If you really want to use single subnet, run following commands on both load balancer VMs:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter=0

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.eth1.rp_filter=0

That should enable accessing public VIP. Note that to make it permanent after VM restart, you should add that to /etc/sysctl.conf.

Another note: this is unsupported configuration and you may expect other things to break. Also settings I specified above make your loadbalancers vulnerable to IP address spoofing, so you shouldn't put them in Internet accessible network.  The proper solution for this is to redeploy VIO using separate subnets for public and management network.

Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos