VMware Cloud Community
jmgriffes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VIO 3.1/vSphere 6.5 Deployment Failure

I've been running through deployment of a fresh VIO setup in my lab to vet for use in our Prod environment. Attempting to deploy via the web client either timed out or gave the error "Failed to read OVF Descriptor". I managed to get OVFTool to give me a little more info than that, but I'm still stuck, as the listed part of the ovf descriptor occurs 16 times in the ovf.

VIO_OVFTool_Error.PNG

Anyone else tried this setup or encountered this or similar errors?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jmgriffes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As a reference, here are lines 47-51 (Property appears to be the element that it doesn't like):

47 <Category ovf:msgid="vio.user.password.category">VIO user password configuration</Category>

48      <Property ovf:key="viouser_passwd" ovf:type="string" ovf:userConfigurable="true" ovf:password="true" ovf:qualifiers="MinLen(1)">

49        <Label ovf:msgid="vio.user.password.label">VIO Management Server User Password</Label>

50        <Description ovf:msgid="vio.user.password.desc">The password for the management server user.</Description>

51      </Property>

0 Kudos
proniz
Contributor
Contributor

how many files to you have inside your ova ?  i once downloaded ova, but it was somehow corrupted and it didn't contain enough files so i got the same error about descriptor.

Another thing that you can verify is whether DRS is enabled in your cluster, if not, it won't pass that step

HTH

0 Kudos
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

can you try if similar issues using the ovftool?

0 Kudos
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

sorry, I didn't see you tried ovftool already.  can you give me the syntax used for ovftool upload?

0 Kudos