VMware Cloud Community
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

VÏO extension

Hello,

Hello,
I installed the appliance vmware OpenStack VIO but after deployment, I can not visualized the extension on the home of vCenter, and the https: // IP_VCenter / mob / MOID = ExtensionManager, I find the three display extension to no avail in the vSphere web Client, I can have the extension view

0 Kudos
7 Replies
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you try to reboot your vCenter or the server you have vCenter web client installed on?

The VIO extension didn't show up in my lab as well after i just deployed it. I had to reboot my VCSA to make it appear.

0 Kudos
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
Thank you for your return, and I inform you that I rebooted the server and client web vSphere, but still the extension is not displayed on the Home tab.

0 Kudos
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There should be 4 extensions in the extensions manager:

extensionList"com.vmware.openstack.vcext.instance-#"

extensionList"org.openstack.compute"

extensionList"com.vmware.openstack.ui"

extensionList"org.os.vmw.plugin"

# is a different number based on the deployment.

Also make sure you power on the "VIO vAPP" by powering on the vAPP not the management server only.

0 Kudos
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

i have just 3 extensions in the mob extensions :

extensionList["com.vmware.openstack.vcext.instance-1813"]Extension
extensionList["com.vmware.openstack.ui"]Extension
extensionList["org.os.vmw.plugin"]Extension

i don't have the compute openstack extension, plz how i can have it , and deploy the openstack plateforme.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
yjia
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please try the follow.

1> clear your browser cache and then try to logout/login vc

if you still can't not see the plugin.

Please upload the log files.

how to collect log file.

a> login to management server

b> viogetlogs

Thanks

Yixing.

0 Kudos
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thank you again for your efforts and your recommendations, and I inform you that I remove the browsers caches, but still I have three extensions on the mob, and I can not see  the plugin on the home of my vcenter and I launched the command: viogetlogs, but the system gave me the following error: Unable to find inventory file.Openstack may not have been deployed yet.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
yjia
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Appreciate for your actions.

Have your tried to restart the VC web client service?

(by the way please login vc with administartor@vsphere.local user, since we have custom who use a account didn't have enough privileges )

Or if you think a live debug session will help solve the issue. please register here:

http://tinyurl.com/vio-office

0 Kudos