VMware Cloud Community
dude64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to find inventory after fresh Installation of VIO 2.5?

I installed successfully VIO 2.5 on a lab vCenter w/ NSX 6.2.3, and waited two weeks to finish the deployment, and now vCenter can't connect to VIO management server. The vApp and VMs (manager and template) are running, and I can SSH into the manager, and can PING vCenter from SSH, but I can't ping it from vCenter. This was showing up in vCenter and the VIO plug in appears to be working, but it can't find the management server, event though I can still select it in the plug in. The only thing I can see so far is that when I SSH in and try to use the viocli, I get an error message:  Unable to find inventory file. OpenStack may not have been deployed yet. Since I just installed the manager server only and stopped, I thought I'd try to uninstall VIO and start over, but that procedure doesn't seem to be documented that I can find as a plan B. Thoughts? Thanks, dude64

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dude64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I solve this as I found some of the ESXi host's clock's were not in sync as they couldn't reach NTP. Once clocks were synced, the problem went away. I attribute this to vCenter based SSO which everything in my lab is tied to, but error messages and logs weren't indicative of the root cause.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dude64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I solve this as I found some of the ESXi host's clock's were not in sync as they couldn't reach NTP. Once clocks were synced, the problem went away. I attribute this to vCenter based SSO which everything in my lab is tied to, but error messages and logs weren't indicative of the root cause.

0 Kudos