VMware Cloud Community
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to establish connection to keystone endpoint

I started to have this issue after i shut down and started up VIO. When i try to connect through the horizon portal, i get this error message:"Unable to establish connection to keystone endpoint". Even if i try to log in using the local admin account, i get the same error message.. Not sure what is wrong, the deployment worked fine initially and i was able to log in then connect VIO to the AD. I tried to restart the keystone service also checked the status of the service. It showed the service running fine. Not sure what else to check. Any one had the same issue?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

can you attach output of:

/var/log/keystone/keystone.log

/var/log/apache2/access.log

/var/log/apache2/keystone_access.log

/var/log/apache2/error.log

0 Kudos
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

from both controller1 and controller 2

0 Kudos
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am using the compact deployment.. Well, i think my main issue is when i reboot the controlPlane, it stuck on this screenshot "attached" for like 15 minutes before it starts up. So the management server thinks it is unreachable and gives a configuration error status. "Task execution failed: Task failed because the following nodes were unreachable: ['IP of controlplane']"..

I am running the whole project on a nested lab.. Is there any issues running Ubuntu on nested ESXi host ??

The VIO-Compute-0 VM boots up quickly and without any delays "It doesn't stuck when booting"..

When i initially deployed VIO, I didn't have any issues, but once i click "Stop Openstack Services" then try to bring it back up "Start Openstack services" it behaves the way i described..

tail -f any one of these didn't return any output...

tail -f /var/log/keystone/keystone.log

tail -f /var/log/apache2/access.log

tail -f /var/log/apache2/keystone_access.log

tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log

Initially I was getting the "Unable to establish connection to Keystone endpoint".. When started the openstack services manually...

I would prefer to follow the  "Stop Openstack Services" and "Start Openstack services" rather than starting services manually, but if doesn't work in my case..

0 Kudos
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

can you check if apache2 process is running.   sudo service apache2 status.

0 Kudos
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It was not running by default.. i had to start it up. After putting sudo service apache2 start, it started up, but there is a warning:

Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using "my DNS server IP address". Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message.

0 Kudos
xgao3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you can ignore that message.  are you able to authenticate now?

0 Kudos
victorkh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, I can't start the openstack services from the vSphere web client by clicking "Start Openstack services".. See the attached screenshots.. if i try to stop, i get the "configuration error"..

Also the horizon dashboard shows the maintenance portal.. So can't log in..

What concerns me is why the controlPlane VM would stuck on the boot up.. Causing issues with services and "configuration error" with the deployment whereas it doesn't do that the first time i deployed VIO, again everything looked fine until i stopped/started VIO from vSphere web client.

0 Kudos