VMware Cloud Community
dalo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Too many LDAP user

We run into a problem, that in our LDAP are to many users. In the keystone log I get the following error: SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED: {'desc': 'Size limit exceeded'}

If I implement a userfilter everything works, but that's not a practical solution.

It seems that is a known issue on openstack Bug #1083463 “Size limit exceeded when querying AD with more tha...” : Bugs : Keystone but this bug should be resolved in the grizzly release.

Could anyone help me to solve/workaround this on VIO 1.0.2? (I tried the page_size=0 already)

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi dalo,

There is a limit of 1000 users, this is due to Icehouse limitation related to paging results from LDAP. The actual bug is here: Bug #1381768 “AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '...” : Bugs : Keystone . The fix for it hasn't been backported to Icehouse. In the future releases it will be lifted, once we upgrade to the next release of OpenStack.

Best Regards,

Karol

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi dalo,

There is a limit of 1000 users, this is due to Icehouse limitation related to paging results from LDAP. The actual bug is here: Bug #1381768 “AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '...” : Bugs : Keystone . The fix for it hasn't been backported to Icehouse. In the future releases it will be lifted, once we upgrade to the next release of OpenStack.

Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos