VMware Cloud Community
fredzhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The connection attempt to the vCenter Server has timed out. Please check vCenter Server address

Hi Experts,

When deploy the Openstack, and connect the vcenter server. Failed to contect the vcenter.

The FQDN is verified in the VIM os,.

The connection attempt to the vCenter Server has timed out. Please check vCenter Server address or click next to try again.

Could you help, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
faisalnaeem2
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried to connect vCenter with IP address instead of FQDN?
Also try:
telnet <vCenter-IP> 443

0 Kudos
Ahmed8888
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing same issue. Any update

0 Kudos
Virtworldfun
Contributor
Contributor

I was facing the same problem. The VMware Openstack VIO (VIO-Appliance-7.2.1.0-20003386_OVF10) was deployed successfully but upon trying to deploy it onto my vCenter, I would get the same error as you're getting. 

So I tried to deploy older version of the VIO stack (VIO-Appliance-6.0.0.1-15475612_OVF10) and this worked. However, I made the following changes to the setting when deploying the OVF, specifically in the Kubernetes section.

Service Network CIDR (i entered 150.0.0.0/24)

POD Network CIDR (i entered 160.0.0.0/24)

Service network's Domain Name Suffix (i entered cluster.int)

I noticed these configurations in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YODgi0UsgU)

I then used the above 3 options when I deployed the VIO Appliance 7.2.1 version and this time when I connect to the vCenter the window progresses and bring up the deployment setup.

Let me us if the above fix works.

0 Kudos