VMware Cloud Community
MaksymKolnogoro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not able to deploy VIO 1.0.1 with NSX integration

Hello,

Whenever I try to deploy VIO with NSX integration I stuck on "Configure Neutron networking" step.

Edge Cluster drop-down menu does not contain any options and so I cannot proceed with the deployment. (DVS works fine)

As this a POC deployment, I use the same cluster for Management nodes, NSX Edge nodes and users VMs.

According to the documentation that configuration is supported, even it is not recommended.

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem. But the Mgmt and Edge VM can be in the same cluster. However the tenant VMs need to be on the separate cluster. So at least you need 2 clusters.

arvind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem. But the Mgmt and Edge VM can be in the same cluster. However the tenant VMs need to be on the separate cluster. So at least you need 2 clusters.

arvind

0 Kudos
nathan79
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check if you have the prerequisites met for NSX integration for VIO.

1. Create a Virtual Distributed Switch(s) and add all hosts from both the management and compute clusters.
  2. On separate VLANs, create three port groups: Management, External, and Public API Network. The fourth port group, VXLAN Transport, is created inline with the NSX installation:
    1. The Management network carries traffic among the management components.  This network requires 13 or more static IP addresses.
    2. The Public API network exposes the OpenStack dashboard and provides access for tenants to the OpenStack APIs and services.  This network requires 3 or more static IP addresses.
    3. The External network provides external access for the instances. This network requires 8 or more static IP addresses.
    4. The Transport network is used to carry traffic among the instances.  This network requires 1 address for each host in the Edge and Compute clusters
  3. Note: Some designs you may collapse both the Public API Network and External network into a single network segment.

-nathan

0 Kudos
MaksymKolnogoro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Indeed VIO requires at least two clusters, just checked it.

Thanks for your help,

Max

0 Kudos