VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Not able to create Network

Hello ,

I am trying to create Nwtwork for Admin Tanent and it gives me an error "can not create Network".

I am not using NSX with it , it is simple DVS Network attached to the Clusters.

Thanks,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you able to post logs here? 

Are can either collect a log bundle, or if you are using a log aggregator like Log Insight, you can simply find the error in your log history.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

i am not sure how to look at and extract logs from Log insight Manager, we are using it but not really understood it. Smiley Happy

I got once my fluke fit it after number of tries to create vLAN Network and after sometime when i started doing again, it all got failed with same error..

I could see some logs in Log insight Manager which looks like below

Apr 20 16:43:02 controller01 2015-04-20 16:43:02.907 2102 DEBUG neutron.openstack.common.rpc.amqp [-] received {u'_context_roles': [u'admin'], u'_context_request_id': u'req-235c2b17-5dec-4799-95df-36612f4e3162', u'_context_read_deleted': u'no', u'_context_user_name': None, u'_context_project_name': None, u'namespace': None, u'_context_tenant_id': None, u'args': {u'agent_state': {u'agent_state': {u'topic': u'N/A', u'binary': u'neutron-metadata-agent', u'host': u'dhcp02', u'agent_type': u'Metadata agent', u'configurations': {u'nova_metadata_port': 8775, u'nova_metadata_ip': u'10.47.5.70', u'metadata_proxy_socket': u'/var/lib/neutron/metadata_proxy'}}}, u'time': u'2015-04-20T16:43:02.900702'}, u'_context_tenant': None, u'_unique_id': u'b597c3017f624b7ab4e8361bb7b3568d', u'_context_is_admin': True, u'version': u'1.0', u'_context_timestamp': u'2015-04-20 15:47:25.605254', u'_context_tenant_name': None, u'_context_user': None, u'_context_user_id': None, u'method': u'report_state', u'_context_project_id': None} _safe_log /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/openstack/common/rpc/common.py:280

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The log message you posted is not an error.

Can you search the log insight logs for "Error" and look for an error that includes the word "network" ?

dan

0 Kudos
Shivendu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had this same problem.

I solved this to change the dvs name to "dvs". I named it first "vio dvs" but it seems that the dvs needs to be called "dvs" and nothing else.

Hope this solves your problem,

Nyan

0 Kudos