VMware Cloud Community
Adrian_Rodrigue
Contributor
Contributor

New OpenStack deployment but Horizon Web Portal does not work

I have just setup my first OpenStack deployment. After wrestling around with the networks and IPs needed, I finally got it all to deploy correctly(?). However I cannot connect to the Horizon Web Portal. I get no response. The virtual IP pings and so do all the other VMs in the VIO cluster. Is there some way of checking on it from the console of the Load Balancer VMs?

Thanks!

Adrian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KarolSte
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Adrian,

You can login to the VM directly via VC remote console, with credentials root/vmware. These credentials work only via remote console (won't work in SSH). Usually, if both nodes are running correctly, public VIP will be configured on second LB (VIO-LoadBalancer-1). To make sure it's the case, check the output of ip addr command and see if your public VIP address is there. You can check haproxy service status by running command: service haproxy status. Haproxy listens on many ports, but for Horizon it should listen on port 80 and 443. You can check if it's true by running netstat -ltnp | grep ':80 \|:443'. It should return two results. You can also restart the service by running service haproxy restart. You can find haproxy logs in /var/log/haproxy.log.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Karol

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Adrian,

by the way, just want to confirm with you that the IPs in management network and API networks should in different subnets, thanks.

0 Kudos