VMware Cloud Community
pwright84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to get the web client to refresh its view of openstack deployment

Hi

I had a issue with my MariaDBs which caused VIO to fail on start-up after it was shutdown. The webclient displayed a bootstrap failed message and the logs showed that the databases where failing to start. I recovered the databases and ran 'vioconfig start' from the VIO Manager and openstack starting back up fine. Im able to login to the dashboard and perform any task just like before so it all seems to be working fine. However the webclient is still showing VIO in an Error state and with the original startup bootstrap error. How do I get the webclient to recognise that VIO is now working fine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yjia
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Here is steps that to sync the UI with the backend.

1> Please use UI to Start/Stop the Openstack and avoid use CLI tool ( since that tool didn't sync the database)

2> If you failed to use UI to start the deployment( generally it was caused by the database inconsistent) then you can manually recovered the databases.

3> Use method as Arvind suggested but instead of change the status to "RUNNING", please change it to "STOPPED".

4> Then come to the UI to use the UI to start the cluster.

By this you will have everthing sync up.

Regards,

Yixing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you recover VIO using CLI and are sure that VIO is fully functional, then you can use the below commands to update the status. Do your due diligence on all components to make sure they are up and running before manually updating the status.

1. On management server, run /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql -U omsdb
  2. Execute query: update cluster set status='RUNNING';
  3. Refresh UI
0 Kudos
yjia
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Here is steps that to sync the UI with the backend.

1> Please use UI to Start/Stop the Openstack and avoid use CLI tool ( since that tool didn't sync the database)

2> If you failed to use UI to start the deployment( generally it was caused by the database inconsistent) then you can manually recovered the databases.

3> Use method as Arvind suggested but instead of change the status to "RUNNING", please change it to "STOPPED".

4> Then come to the UI to use the UI to start the cluster.

By this you will have everthing sync up.

Regards,

Yixing.

0 Kudos
pwright84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Arvind and Yixing it worked perfectly as described

0 Kudos