VMware Cloud Community
pwright84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I customise the dashboard and replace the VMware logo?

Hi does anybody know how I can customise the dashboard to replace the VMware logo with my own?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

1. Check out the community steps for Icehouse Horizon Customization http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/config-reference/content/dashboard-custom-brand.html

2. Note that due to HA architecture there are 2 controllers with 2 copies of Horizon Services. So you need to make changes in both places.

3. These changes will be lost when u patch/upgrade VIO next time. In VIO 2.0 we will make Horizon Branding a core feature in the product, which will automate step #1 and avoid the issue of step #2. But in VIO 1.0 you need to do this manually.

arvind

0 Kudos
pwright84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Arvind I will give it a try. When do you think v2.0 will be released?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can't login by default to controllers. You need to login to OMS and ssh from there. something like >ssh controller01

Roadmap and other discussions are under NDA. I am happy to work with your group to set such a presentation and discuss those.

thanks

arvind

0 Kudos
pwright84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Arvind

Yeah a presentation/discussion would be good.

Another quick question I could really do with knowing the answer is can you exploit the NSX load balancing functionality from Openstack e.g I want to assign two VMs and external VIP address and balance incoming IP traffic. I could do this using vsphere and NSX natively but how can I do this via the openstack dashboard?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes LBaaS will be supported leveraging NSX Edge in the next release of VIO.

0 Kudos