VMware Cloud Community
colummcgaley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to create OpenStack deployment. Internal error: REST API transport layer error.

I'm trying to do a greenfield deployment of VIO 2.5 (the VIO Appliance has been upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.3 to 2.5), and I'm getting "Failed to create OpenStack deployment. Internal error: REST API transport layer error." when I go to complete the setup Wizzard. The OSM error logs are giving the following error as the root cause:

Caused by: org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field "role" (Class com.vmware.openstack.apitypes.NodeGroupCreate), not marked as ignorable

at [Source: java.io.StringReader@665f8e8e; line: 1, column: 60] (through reference chain: com.vmware.openstack.apitypes.ClusterCreate["nodeGroups"]->com.vmware.openstack.apitypes.NodeGroupCreate["role"])

I'm scratching my head at what could be causing this, as the configuration worked for 2.0.3.

I've attached the OSM error log with the full configuration and stack trace.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
colummcgaley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Redeploying the VIO 2.5 Appliance fixed this issue. I'm going to assume that the .deb did not upgrade the system or a component correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
colummcgaley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Redeploying the VIO 2.5 Appliance fixed this issue. I'm going to assume that the .deb did not upgrade the system or a component correctly.

0 Kudos