VMware Cloud Community
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error on the deployment of OpenStack in VIO

Good morning,

I'm trying to install Openstack on vsphere 6 and the deployment generate an error message "nodes are Unreachable".

i denied the firwall on all the ESXi but the same error persists.

here i have the screen shot of my vsphere 6, all component with the screen shot of the error msg.

If someone can help me i'll be thankfull.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

could you please check whether the control VMs created is in the same vlan as VIO manager? we can have a webex if you like, please let me know your timezone, thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MyuFox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hard to say.

Are you deploying in NSX mode or VDS only mode?

Do you have separate networks for management, API and Transport/Provider?

Look at the ansible log first and find out what task failed exactly. Connect to the openstack management server drop into root and look at /var/log/jarvis/ansible.log

Then look at that time stamp in the oms log /var/log/oms/oms.log

That is where to start. Some common issues is not having the subnets correct or vlans.

NSX:

Physical NSX Network

VDS:

Physical VDS Network Overview

Another common issue if the environment is being built on under resource hardware like most POC's and using NSX the neutron plugin can timeout if the POC flag is not enabled in the omjs.properties. You might want to call support before touching the config files to prevent unsupported configurations.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Could you ping from the VIO mananger to those IPs? what is the result?

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

i tried to ping from VIO management to those IP adress but they are unreachable .

Like on the screen shot .

thanks

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using VDS mode , i have 3 Vlans (the first contain 20 IP for the VMs , the second contain 10 IP adress for the APIs and the third for transport ) they are all separated.

The logs contains that "SSH encountred an unknown error" so i desactivate it.

this is a screen shot of the logs.

Thank you

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

could you please check whether the control VMs created is in the same vlan as VIO manager? we can have a webex if you like, please let me know your timezone, thanks.

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm from Tunisia and my Time Zone is (UTC+01)

i have the screen shot wich explain that VIO and controller are in the same VLAN

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

could you please check the physical NICs of your ESXi host on the dvportgroup are connected well? could we have a webex on your 10:00am? please use my webex https://vmware.webex.com/join/sren ?

-steven

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

It's a pleasure to join you in your webex,

the deployement was installed successfully.It was a network glitch so i merged Vlans into a principal Vlan network and it was successfull.

So i'm verry thankfull for your help and i still need your help in other things if you can .

0 Kudos