VMware Cloud Community
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor

Deploy OpenStack instance failed. No qualified ESXi host for placing nodes [VIO-DB-0]

i'm installing openstack on vsphere6 and in the last step of install i receive this error " Deploy OpenStack instance failed. No qualified ESXi host for placing nodes [VIO-DB-0]"

i tried to add VCPU and RAM and restarting the management server by this command " service oms restart" but there is no change this error deos not dissapear.

Can any one help me to resolve this error ?

Thanks and Best Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lserpietri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi! What is your storage configuration? How many datastores do you have?

0 Kudos
jbrowne
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

A couple of things to check here.

1. How many vCPU's per ESXi Host ? ( min 8 )

2. How many ESXi hosts in the Cluster ? ( min 3 )

3. How much Memory in each ESXi Host ?

4. Amount of Free disk space in the Datastores and how many datastore per ESXi host.

Hardware requirements are listed here :

Hardware Requirements for NSX Deployments

Can you also send the following :

Login to the VIO Management Server and zip and attach the following logs :-  /var/log/oms/oms*.log

The logs will tell us if the hardware requirements are not being met.

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , this screen shot explain the number of datastore .

thanks

0 Kudos
Achref88
Contributor
Contributor

HI there is the screen shot of ESXI's storage and capacity

I will deploy OpenStack in the ESXI-1 .

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
jbrowne
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As it currently stands, you will not be able to deploy VIO in your environment as you are not meeting the minimum hardware requirements. Hardware Requirements for NSX Deployments

You have less than 3 hosts in the management cluster and your memory requirements are not being met either.

Even if we tune down the VIO deployment to a Proof-of-Concept mode, you will still be unable to deploy VIO.

Do you have an option to add addition host to the Management Cluster and add addition RAM to the ESXi hosts ?

0 Kudos