VMware Cloud Community
RKuchukbaev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot create external network

Hello all.

Well, I deployed VIO with NSX. I created 2 VMs (instances) with 2 internal networks. I created router, connected it to the both networks. Tryed to ping from vm1 (int_net1) to the vm2 (int_net2) through router - everything works fine.

So, next step was to give access to the Internet from VMs. I trying to create external network form Admin -> System panel -> Networks -> Create Network:

Name: extnet1

Project: myproject

Provider Network Type: Flat (in deployment master I choosed NSX environment and separate vlan for external networks)

Admin state: Checked

External network: Checked

when I press "Create network" button an error occured: "Error: Failed to create network extnet1". How can I create external network?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RKuchukbaev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks all for helping. I solved my issue. For the future: you can use only "PortGroup" in Provider Network Type. So when I choosed PortGroup and set it to the "dvportgroup-XX" external network were created.

controller01 2015-08-12 07:51:34.847 11320 INFO neutron.api.v2.resource [req-e17f7e0a-fd22-4f06-ba05-76c760b7d6f8 None] create failed (client error): Invalid input for operation: portgroup only supported on external networks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RKuchukbaev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good news everyone: I can create internal network (without checked "External network"). Then I can edit that network and set checkbox "External network".

0 Kudos
RKuchukbaev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks all for helping. I solved my issue. For the future: you can use only "PortGroup" in Provider Network Type. So when I choosed PortGroup and set it to the "dvportgroup-XX" external network were created.

controller01 2015-08-12 07:51:34.847 11320 INFO neutron.api.v2.resource [req-e17f7e0a-fd22-4f06-ba05-76c760b7d6f8 None] create failed (client error): Invalid input for operation: portgroup only supported on external networks.

0 Kudos