VMware Cloud Community
Gretyzde
Contributor
Contributor

Can't launch instance on VIO 3.1

Hi, 

I've been trying to deploy a vm in Vmware Integrated Openstack 3.1 but I get "Unable to create the server" when I launch the instance. 

I had no problem with the installation and it ran smoothly, however I did get post-deployment error "Error: image import glance" that I did resolve by allowing gdbserver on the ESXIs and I still get this error from time to time when I re-install the openstack environment. 

I can't choose an availabilty zone as well and I think that it has to do with the compute node. 

I can provide any kind of logs if asked, I am really new to the openstack environment and I don't know where to seek first. 

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

If you have an error on the OpenStack image, you can not run an instance, and similarly if you do not have a compute zone, you can see the state of the nova-compute service and restart if  necessary In order to have the ability to view the compute zone and for the image you can download images preconfigure for the OpenStack environment.

Https://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/obtain-images.html

0 Kudos
Gretyzde
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

the extension vmware.os.compute doesn't appear in the extensions manager when I deploy my OVF, is it normal?

0 Kudos