VMware Edu & Cert Community
josgomez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vSphere 8 Update

In light of the recent launch of VMware
® vSphere® 8, you may have questions about the new courses for vSphere 8.
We have some answers.

The first thing to know is that you can find the new vSphere 8 courses in our academic portals, both Kivuto and D2L Brightspace. 

To help you identify the key differences in the new version, we will offer a new course in the Train-the-Trainer group on VMware Customer Connect Learning: “What’s new: vSphere 7 to 8.”  

The new course will include new labs. Our academic lab partner NDG aims to offer the new vSphere 8 course labs through the latest version of NETLAB+ and through their cloud lab offering in the April timeframe. NDG will also be able to support existing NETLAB+ users with older vSphere software bundles to deploy their older NETLAB+ deployments. 

If you’d like to take a deeper dive, you can also check out these links, which bring different perspectives about what's new in vSphere 8. 

You can find answers to many of your questions in the vSphere 8 Courses and Licensing FAQ. 

So, if you haven’t started already, now’s a great time to start your migration to vSphere 8. 

VMware IT Academy team,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MaciekR
Contributor
Contributor

I watched the content of the ICM8 and OSS8 courses on the D2L portal. I am very grateful for access to the materials for the instructor.
I have a small request.
There is no access to the "vSphere OSS 8 Lecture Manual" in the OSS8 course. An analogous document "vSphere ICM 8 Lecture Manual" is in the ICM8 course. Can I ask for a lecture manual for the OSS8 course?

0 Kudos
MIkeWinterburn
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the ICM v8 lab manual available?

0 Kudos
Jm2k69
Contributor
Contributor

I Try this morning on my VMware It Academy on D2L Brightspace and I don't find any VMware vsphere 8 course ? Why ?

0 Kudos
dmbrooks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Team,

So I have created both the vSphere 8 ICM and OSS courses.

The lecture manual for the OSS course is just a PDF of the PowerPoint slides and missing the actual lecture notes, so you may need to reprint that PDF with the notes enabled.

Can I also ask where to locate the lab manuals for both courses?

Cheers,

David Brooks
Box Hill Institute.

0 Kudos
FelipeMachado
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Very Nice! Thanks for sharing

0 Kudos