Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vSphere 7 is now availalable for academic and research usage in your VMAP, VITA or VMUG Advantage store on OnTheHub (Kivuto)!

vSphere 7 is available for academic and research use!

Kivuto has updated all portals with vSphere 7 for use in your labs, research centers and proof of concepts.

Check out your OnTheHub webstore to access the software.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Vincent,

Regarding vpshere 7, on Kivuto (onTheHub) there are lectures, lab exercises, PPTs but where I can find
lab setup guide to prepare students enviroment? (I mean materials, templates ecc,,,)

thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Lonati,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are working on the lab setup guide and files, but were wondering if it makes sense to provide it.

From the content development team we got the input that replicating the labs would be a difficult task requiring powerful hardware.

If you would like to have a go at it, please reach out to me so I can provide you the links to the required files and you can let us know your experience on replicating the labs.

I'll PM you my email address at VMware.

@everyone else

Please chime in on this topic if you are interested in replicating the vSphere 7 course labs in your institution, so we can make an informed decision about offering the files in the Kivuto web portals or not.

Best regards,

Vincent

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Vincent,

Access to the lab setup guides would be useful.

In the past we have used the NDG supplied labs as well as a custom built topology using the lab build guides that we used to have access to.

I was able to replicate the vSphere 6.0 and 6.5 topologies to match the official ICM lab manuals.

I have found that some students get more benefit from building the lab out step by step as they have to make it work and troubleshoot any mis-configurations along the way.

In one of my Bachelors classes; students have to create an entire NetLab topology from scratch and make a working lab environment as part of a project.

Would be nice to be able to match the lab manual in the ICM 7.0 course and see how it goes.

We have around 20 hosts here, so have sufficient hardware to accommodate that sort of build.

Cheers,

David Brooks
Box Hill Institute.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On it David. Keep an eye out for the email with the download links ...

0 Kudos