VMware Edu & Cert Community
gervens
Contributor
Contributor

VCP badge not available

Hi All , 

I have completed all the requirements : taking the approved course, pass the foundation exam , pass the professional exam (2v0-21.19pse) and i still do not have access to the badge. please let me know what to do. 

thank you,

Gervens, 

Tags (1)
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you took the PSE exam, you completed the training with a VMware IT Academy provider, which one?

Have you emailed certification@vmware.com to ask them to check your status?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
PratapKoonisett
Contributor
Contributor

HI Gervens,

Good morning !

First of all congratulations for clearing the VCP exam.

To check the badge there are couple of things need to verify.

1. Check the course completion certification in mylearn.vmware.com

Login to mylearn.vmware.com go to myTranscript

Under courses you should able to see the course you have completed.

2. If the above statement is satisfied login to Pearson Vue Site

Download you score sheet.

Send a mail to with you score sheet to certification@vmware.com

3. You can even check the badge by logging in to https://www.credly.com/users/sign_in

*Note: To achieve VCP Badge, You need to attend training organized by authorized VMware Partners / VMware Education Team.

VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @PratapKoonisett 

Thank you for offering your help with this question.

Please allow me to share some info on how VMware certifications through the VMware IT Academy program works (it's a bit different that what's available commercially).

a. A VMware IT Academy teacher prepares her students for the VMware certification exam by leveraging the course materials provided by the VMware IT Academy program.

Note: This course won't be visible in the course completion certification on mylearn, nor is it required for the students to obtain the certification.

b. If the IT Academy teacher thinks the students are ready for the exam, she provides them with a VMware PSE certification voucher.

Note: The PSE voucher is only obtainable through the IT Academy program, and will enable the students to obtain a certification without following an official VMware course that prepares for the exam.

c. When the students book their PSE exam on PearsonVue, they use the PSE voucher at checkout to receive 70% discount and the "course credit" required to obtain the certification.

Note: The students need to select the PSE version of the VMware certification exam for this to work. They can all be found under "IT Academy Student - PSE exams" in the exam catalogue. (https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectExamPage/VMWAREINC?conversationId=284687)

d. When the student passes the exam, they will be awarded with the official VMware certification.

Note: The certifications obtainable through the IT Academy Program are: VCTA-* and VCP-DCV, and are 100% the same as the certifications obtainable through the commercial channel, just like the questions on the exam are the same, the only difference is that the PSE vouchers ensures they do not need the course completion certification on mylearn.

Hope this helps to clarify it a bit.

Vincent

0 Kudos
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @gervens 

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like you did everything right:

- Passed the PSE foundations exam

- Passed the PSE professional exam

So please do follow the recommendation of my colleague Scott and reach out to the certification team for verification on "certification@vmware.com".

Please do provide them any information you might have on taking and passing the PSE exams:

- your VMware MyLearn/certification username/account

- PSE exam vouchers used

- exam numbers taken (and the date when taken)

- Any confirmation received on you passing the exams

So that they can swiftly assist you.

Thank you for participating in the VMware IT Academy program!

We hope that you found it a great starting point for your future career in the world of IT.

Vincent

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@PratapKoonisett 

The process (in terms of training administration, exam booking, requirements validation) is different for students who complete their training with a VMware IT Academy, rather than through a VMware Authorised Training Center or VMware directly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
FarFoune59000
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening,

I would like to contact you.
I passed my VCP-DCV2022 exam yesterday 19/10/2022 candidate ID: VMW-02617118K-02580269 and I got it.
However, I still do not have a badge...

I had passed my vSphere 7 Install Configure & Manage training course with IB Formation (France) On 30 November 2020 to 4 December 2020 (5 days).

Can you help me ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Send an email to certification@vmware.com with those details.

0 Kudos
FarFoune59000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I send an e-mail with this details, but i still wait... 

Can you tell me if the will be good soon ? 

The problem is that for my training and my certification, the same accounts were not used.

the case : 22641325110

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I hope you told the team that when you emailed them, with details of both accounts.

0 Kudos
FarFoune59000
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I explained by email.
except that I remain for the moment without answer...

I don't know what to do ...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Wait.

0 Kudos