VMware Edu & Cert Community
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP 2021 via VITA

Hello all

I managed to get my VCP 2020 (ver6.7), completed this year, and would like to update it to a VCP 2021 (ver7) next year.

Stanly have just mailed me with the new courses for ver 7, and from what I understand, I only need to sit a course to achieve my goal of attain the VCP 2021.

Is this correct, and as Stanly are a VITA college can I look to enroll on one of the two VMware courses available, to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey SkippT,

First of all congrats on achieving the VCP-DCV 2020 certification!
As you are already planning for the VCP-DCV 2021 here are a couple of ways to achieve this through an IT Academy:

1. The professional vSphere 6.7 PSE exam is available for our academic audience till end of July 2021, passing it in 2021 grants the VCP-DCV 2021 certification. So as such you don't have to follow another course, just obtain a PSE exam voucher through your IT Acacemy for the professional 6.7 PSE exam and pass it in 2021. But I understand you would like to pass the test to show your knowledge on vSphere 7 ...

2. As you stated the professional vSphere 7 PSE exam is also available and passing it in 2021 grants the VCP-DCV 2021 certification. I am not familiar with how Stanly is using the course materials we've made available as our academic resources allow for two ways to get familiar with the vSphere 7 content prior to using a PSE voucher and sitting for the exam in 2021:

2.1. vSphere 7 ICM and vSphere 7 O&S

You follow both ICM and O&S courses that were based on vSphere 7 to prepare for the professional vSphere 7 PSE exam. I think this track would be not ideal as you know most of the material already from the vSphere 6.7 courses.

2.2. What's new: vSphere 6.7 to 7

We also provide our IT Academies with course materials to teach the difference between vSphere 6.7 and vSphere 7. So if Stanly has an offer here this short course might be ideal in your case to get familiar with the novelties in vSphere 7 and prepare for the exam.

Hope this helps you on your way,

Happy holidays and good luck with the exam in 2021!

Vincent

0 Kudos
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Vincent

So pleased to pass at the first time of asking.

Its been on my radar for years, and I am still thrilled to finally get there!

I will be paying particular attention to your point 2.2, as it seems the most likely path for me,  but I am still awaiting the full details of what Stanly has to offer for next year. 

Currently I cannot see a course which details the difference between 6.7 and 7 offered by Stanly. I can see Ver 7 ICM and O&S available, but that is all.

If I have to sit an exam its not an issue, but if not it would be better, as I can then prepare to pass an exam in another area of vSphere. Its all about early planning for me!

Thank you for coming back so soon, and have a Merry Christmas Vincent.

2.2. What's new: vSphere 6.7 to 7

We also provide our IT Academies with course materials to teach the difference between vSphere 6.7 and vSphere 7. So if Stanly has an offer here this short course might be ideal in your case to get familiar with the novelties in vSphere 7 and prepare for the exam.

0 Kudos
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SkippT,

If you don't want to sit for another exam but still obtain the VCP-DCV 2021, you could also follow the official on-demand course of the "what's new: vSphere 6.7 to 7" on VMware connect in 2021: https://vmwarelearningzone.vmware.com/oltpublish/site/program.do?dispatch=showProgramSession&id=54aa...

I'm not sure on the pricing though.

Also my advice would be to keep an eye out for the cert space to ensure the current arrangement doesn't change next year: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

Certification Path if you hold a VCP-DCV 2019
Option 2 - Attend one of the training courses in 2020
VMware vSphere: What's New [V6.7 to V7] - On Demand

VMware courses given by IT Academies like Stanly do not count in this arrangement, there we have the PSE voucher system in place.

Vincent

0 Kudos
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cool!

Thanks Vincent, I am sure we will speak again soon.

0 Kudos