VMware Edu & Cert Community
AvalonCipher
Contributor
Contributor

PSE exam discount process

Hello Everyone

I'm trying to find out if exam discount codes are available to VITA? We've made the jump over to brightspace, but I can't find any information on it (like how to's). I feel it was easier with Kivuto, at least I knew the process. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Avalon,

Thank you for your question.

You can see where they can be found in this video: https://youtu.be/rifCwEIgj38?list=PLed0kaz2V29WzBqu7UOfvA_L2hopcUWjM&t=55

What you need to access this location is:

- An approved application at D2L for the IT Academy program (Academic Software Licenses won't give you access to this resource)

- Purchased a student seat subscription bundle at D2L

- Created a class on D2L and added the courses to this class that align to certification (typically the Core Technical Skills courses, Spring Core and the vSphere O&S course)

- Added yourself as an instructor to the created class

- Completed your instructor account setup on D2L

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
mbwestodysie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, we just had to switch over to the D2L Brightspace service and there is almost no information about how to go through the setup you are describing. I spent more than 20 minutes on the chat and they provided me with no instructions and didn't resolve why I can't access the voucher order widget. Supposedly they are going to follow up via email.

So we have a subscription and I created a class and a list of students and myself as an instructor. So now what? Do I have to enroll myself, (instructor) in the class? If so does that use one of my subscriptions. I sure hope not because that would be absurd if an instructor counts towards the subscription. There is no information anywhere that explains this step.

There is also no information that I can find that describes what you mentioned about completing the instructor account setup. What is that and how do I do it?

It is really annoying that they are forcing us to share one email account for all administrative and instructor access. The way Kivuto worked with and Administrative account and then other accounts assigned by the administrator for different tasks, each with their own contact email was perfect. This single account makes no sense and everyone in our academy is now forced to share and forward all emails amongst each other. It's absurd.

Any help or additional insight you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Mark,

Please note that I understand and share your frustration.

If you would allow me to offer my help on the topics you raised:

1. Brightspace setup information:

We have made the following resources available to help instructors on their way in Brightspace:

2. Instructor Subscription Seat:

As soon as you have an active account on D2L that has access to VMware resources (courses, vouchers, licenses), you have consumed a D2L subscription seat. You can enroll your account in as many classes as you like, it will only consume one seat. For the reason you highlighted, D2L provides 5 extra seats per purchase bundle so that instructors can create and activate their accounts as well (205 when you purchase 200 and 405 when you purchase 400)

3. Account setup completion

This is explained in this document: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/company/vmw-it-academy-brightspace...
Once you have access to the resources the created class unlocks, your account is fully active.

4. We are aware of the limitations one single admin account is creating. D2L is working towards an update (current ETA is April timeframe) to increase the amount of admins allowed per institution.

Hope this is helpful,

Vincent

0 Kudos
anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos