VMware Edu & Cert Community
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there an API for student enrollment

Is there an API for adding students to class lists in Brightspace?  That would allow us to offer self service access to students when the licenses they have in Kivuto expire and they reach out for brightspace access.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Cmbwml1,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately today D2L doesn't offer the option to use an API or SSO with the IT Academy portals.

This feature has been placed high on the wish-list by our institutions, and I've been told D2L is working on it.

At this time I don't have an ETA to share, though should that change we'll notify the community through this channel.

I realize this isn't the update you were hoping for.

Best regards,

Vincent

cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on an API or SSO option?  On average we get at least 1 student access request per day and those tickets are bothering my manager. 🙂

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
anilspp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for info.

0 Kudos
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Chris,

I've asked the team and unfortunately there is no new update on SSO yet.

We are currently prioritizing the possibility to have multiple admins, resend/revoke users and additional functionality for the classes on the D2L portal.
This update is scheduled to be launched in the June time-frame.

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It has been awhile so I figured I would touch base to see if any progress has been made regarding an API or SSO integration.  We have ~18k students but less than 3% of them need access so we can't bulk load with a CSV.

I would love to write a vRO workflow or code stream pipeline in vRA that adds students whenever they go to the vRA service catalog and request access.  Should I start looking at using python or javascript to interact with the https://itacademy.vmware.com/ web site?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has D2L made any progress toward an API for student enrollment?  I get 600-800 tickets from students and would love to make this self service like it was with Kivuto.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
VincentHerreman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your patience with us.

Due to the Broadcom acquisition of VMware, all new developments for the program and portals in use are on hold until we have clarity on the direction moving forward.

As soon as there is more news to share I'll do so on this platform.

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos