VMware Horizon Community
cwchan4g
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware Fusion published by VDI horizon

If my iMac has installed Fusion, is it possible to publish its virtual desktop via VMware horizon.  i have vcenter with 4 esxi nodes and Horizon Server.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you asking if you can use the VM you created with Fusion as a source for Horizon to deploy a bunch of virtual desktops via your vSphere platform, or something else?

If so, you need to use a method of migrating a VM from Fusion to vSphere as a first step.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cwchan4g
Contributor
Contributor

Yes..

0 Kudos
cwchan4g
Contributor
Contributor

But if the VM is MacOS platform, I can't migrating the VM from Fusion to vSphere.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe it would only be possible to host MacOS virtual desktops if the underlying hardware was Apple, and I don't think Horizon supports a MacOS virtual desktop either.

In any case, I've asked moderators to move your thread to the Horizon area since it will get better visibility for what you're hoping to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cwchan4g
Contributor
Contributor

It seems it is unable to use Fusion resource to deploy MacOS guest as virtual desktop. 
We should install ESXi to Mac hardware. Then using Horizon to deploy the virtual desktop (MacOS platform). is it right?

0 Kudos