VMware Horizon Community
konhuynh
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon not discovering RHEL agent for desktop pools

Hello,

I've been trying to get a test physical Red Hat workstation 7.9 to add into Horizon. I've installed the agent according to Install Horizon Agent on a Linux Virtual Machine (vmware.com) and verified the ports 22443 TCP/UDP and 4001/4002 TCP are open (I even turned the firewall off on the rhel box). Rebooted the workstation, and verified that the connection servers and the workstation can ping each other as well as resolve hostname. 

When I am adding a desktop pool in Horizon, I choose Manual Desktop pool, Other Sources, Floating, and when I get to machines, I don't see the RHEL workstation.

We are using VMware Horizon 8.3.0-18294467 and I was using the agent 2106-8.3.0-18285309

Thank you for all the help!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for Horizon, a moderator will be along to move your thread there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos