VMware Horizon Community
KCV_Cookie
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon Client - Required Password Change Failed - IGEL OS

When trying to do a required Password change, the login works. Then the Password change Windows pops up. Which won't let the user change their Password.

Error: "Change of expired Password failed."

VMware Horizon Client
Version: 2206
Build: 8.6.0 (build-20094634)

Test with following IGEL Models
Model: UD3 LX60
Version: 11.08.200.01

Model: UD6 LX51
Version: 11.08.200.01

I'm open for Ideas and thoughts on this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for Horizon so it reaches the best audience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
KCV_Cookie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You!

0 Kudos
F4rh4d
Contributor
Contributor

I to have seen the same issue which started when we upgraded the iGel OS to version 11.06. 

Currently our version of iGel OS is 11.08.230.01 which, as the following shows: https://kb.igel.com/igelos-11.08.200/en/notes-for-release-11-08-230-73470281.html uses VMware Horizon Client version 2206-8.6.0-20094634.

When AD passwords have expired or a password requires changing at next login, we see  "Failed changing expired password.", as the image attached shows.

We have been able to re-set the password of the test account using a Windows 10 OS workstation sitting on the same VLAN/network with no issues, so we know it must be something specif to the VMware Horizon Client included within the iGel OS.

Once the password is changed using a Ms Windows device, the Horizon client has no trouble accessing the VDI desktop and performs all functions perfectly well, which suggests there is no issue of network access or traffic restriction. It is simply at the initial password login screen.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thank you,

Tags (1)