VMware Horizon Community
jspyke52
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client and Microsoft Teams Cursor

I use a Macbook at home to connect to my work computer using VMWare Horizon Client. From time to time, I need to use Microsoft Teams to show a design to people. I will need to use the screen sharing in order to do this. Everything works, but no one can see my cursor. I can see my cursor, but no one else can. It works just fine when I am at work using Teams, but not from my Macbook. I have tried just about everything I can think of. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. I am not sure if it matters, but I am using a bluetooth mouse. Like I mentioned, I can see the mouse moving on the screen, but in sharing no one else can. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Your first point of contact should be whoever supports your Horizon deployment

2. Your thread has been reported so moderators know it should be moved to the area for Horizon, since this has nothing to do with a vSphere security advisory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jspyke52
Contributor
Contributor

I connected work about this, and they were no help. All they told me is they will not deal with Mac issues.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry to hear that, while a device may not be supported by Enterprise IT. An attempt should be made to duplicate the issue on a supported device to validate no systemic issues exist. 

For Horizon graphical issues, it typically comes down to the Horizon Client version. Recently, the Log4J vulnerability forced all Horizon Enterprise customers to upgrade to the latest Horizon Release (2111) in December. 

There have been many reports of graphical issues on users running 5.x or older Horizon clients. If you have administrative access to your Macbook, please download the latest release: Download VMware Horizon Clients - VMware Customer Connect

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos