VMware Horizon Community
weemzy
Contributor
Contributor

Unknown user name or bad password - Credentials are Good/Tried Everything

I am trying to start a new remote position but I can't get into the company's system and they don't seem to have IT people. 

1. I login successfully on the first screen on VMware Horizon (5.5.3)
2. I receive the pop-up on the authenticator on my phone.  
3. I click accept on the phone authenticator. 
4. VMware then brings me to the second login screen. 
5. I enter the exact same credentials on the second login screen. I also changed the Domain to “CORP" as instructed.
6. After a few moments I receive the error “Unknown user name or bad password". 
7. I have tried reinstalling software, using different versions of software, updated software, restarted computer, restarted modem, etc. 
8. I have tried using wireless and ethernet. 
9. The company reset the credentials twice and that did not work. 
10. I have tried on MacBook (mid-2012) (Catalina 10.15.7) and Ubuntu desktop (LTS 20.04.3) (Horizon 2111) and get the same result. I did  manage to login twice successfully from the Ubuntu desktop, but now it doesn't work. 
11. I tried Renewing my DCHP lease on my router and now I cannot even get past the first login screen, which give me an "Access Denied" error. 

Anybody have any idea what the problem is? I would like to start my new job. 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Whoever supports that Horizon deployment should be your first point of contact.

I have reported your thread so that a moderator can move it to the area of VMTN for Horizon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
weemzy
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently VMWare Horizon on some Macbooks fills the username field with invisible characters which is why the username is always wrong. The only solution is control-all delete before entering the username. You guys were very helpful, thank you.

0 Kudos
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

To isolate the issue, disable 2FA and then login using Single Factor ( Windows Username and Password) and check if the same username and password is working or not.

Also if there are any pre-login banner set on the Horizon Global settings, try to disable it and check as well.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos