VMware Horizon Community
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Printer redirection does not work after Horizon Agent update 7.11 to 7.13.x

Printer redirection does not work if I update the gold image tools and view agent. 

On the working gold image and corresponding snapshots: 

Tools: 10.3.5

View Agent: 7.11

DEM: 9.10.0.921

App Volumes Agent: 4.1.0.57

On the updated gold image and corresponding snapshots where printer redirection does not work: 

Tools: 12.1.0.x

View Agent: 7.13.1 (matches our version of Horizon) 

Note: did not update App Volumes/DEM agents, just reinstalled them as part of testing. Didn't matter because printer direction still does not work when I update just the tools and view agent. I tried testing updating only one at a time and it made no difference. 

Could it be the the OS update? Am I missing something I need to do after an update? It doesn't seem to matter if I use older or newer versions of the Horizon Client to connect, I get the same behavior. It works in the old instance, but not the new instance. I've tried on Windows 10/11 desktops. 

I do have another environment running the latest version of Horizon DaaS and, using the same desktops to make connections, the printer redirection works. It seems like either a Windows update or agent update is breaking the printer redirection. 

Also, the OS and versions are old (inherited environment). 

I saw a post where someone had a similar issue with printer redirection not working after an update to 7.12 and there was no resolution. I would really like to update these images and not have to rebuilt them from scratch.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Okay, if I don't update the OS it works (with the newer versions of agents). 

0 Kudos