VMware Horizon Community
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

Mapping my Windows Keyboard

Hi,

I have read through this and other communities, but to no avail. Issue seems very straightforward, yet all articles appear to me overly complicated. I don't know if I am blind, but I have not found the solution anywhere.

Context:

I use Windows at work. At home I have a MacBook Pro with a US Keyboard (2021, M1, Ventura 13.3.1). I just got a setup to be able to work from home in form of external monitors, and a standard Windows UK keyboard that I connect to my MacBook Pro via USB. I want to fully replicate my work station at home. I use VMWare Horizon Client to connect remotely.

Problem:

My external keyboard tries to act as it it were a Mac keyboard. I am at a loss trying to map and configure it properly. I do not want any Mac functionalities once I plug in my Windows keyboard. Now, CTRL key works partially and behaves like Command on Mac. Windows key does not work at all. Then, I have some UK keyboard specificity, such as the £ symbol, or @ in a different spot. I use Excel extensively, and am highly reliant on Windows shortcuts for speed and efficiency. 

Could someone in plain English explain to me how to get every key on my external keyboard to work as it's intended to and reflect what's literally painted on it? I am on the verge of buying a cheap Windows laptop, but I believe there's a way to get it to work with my current hardware. Please help. Thank you in advance for any tips.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

Bump. Anyone?

0 Kudos
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

bump. does anyone know the answer to this?

0 Kudos
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone advise where I can seek customer support? I am about to purchase a windows laptop just to have it sorted. I am lost. Please help.

0 Kudos
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
mardusj
Contributor
Contributor

Bump

0 Kudos