VMware Horizon Community
zsalazar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to get SSO working for Linux RHEL 7

Howdy Horizon forums. I'm trying to get vanilla single sign on working with Horizon 8.6.0 version 2206.

How can I enable auto login so that they do not have to manually enter credentials a second time on the instant clones?

The horizon agent version we are running is 7.10.0 within Linux RHEL 7.8 using Classic Gnome as our GUI.

I've edited the /etc/vmware/viewagent-custom.conf with the following attributes using VIM for my baseline golden image.

SSOEnable=TRUE

SSODesktopType=UseGnomeClassic

Within Horizon Connection Server I've gone to the server settings, and selected my connection servers, went to authentication tab and enabled "Accept logon as current user", I also enabled "Allow Legacy Clients".

For some reason users still have to manually enter in their credentials. 😡

Any ideas would be great.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zsalazar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

FIXED!

SSO IS NOW WORKING FOR LINUX AND WINDOWS MACHINES!

Make the following changes:

I've edited the /etc/vmware/viewagent-custom.conf with the following attributes using VIM for my baseline golden image.

SSOEnable=TRUE

The big fix for us was to update the horizon agent to match the connection server version. In our case we had a Connection Server version of 8.x and were previously running a Horizon Agent vesrion 7.x, we updated the Agent to version 8.x and this immediately resolved our issues.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zsalazar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

FIXED!

SSO IS NOW WORKING FOR LINUX AND WINDOWS MACHINES!

Make the following changes:

I've edited the /etc/vmware/viewagent-custom.conf with the following attributes using VIM for my baseline golden image.

SSOEnable=TRUE

The big fix for us was to update the horizon agent to match the connection server version. In our case we had a Connection Server version of 8.x and were previously running a Horizon Agent vesrion 7.x, we updated the Agent to version 8.x and this immediately resolved our issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos