VMware Horizon Community
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How remove old nodes from the Global Adam database?

I have a very irritating issue. Some old nodes are stil in the global Adam database but they are removed from Horizon.

If I run repadmin.exe /showrepl localhost:389 DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int everything looks fine.

But if I run: repadmin.exe /showrepl localhost:22389 dc=vdiglobal,dc=vmware,dc=int I do get errors.

ource: Default-First-Site-Name\xxxx$VMwareVDMDSG
******* 64 CONSECUTIVE FAILURES since 2022-07-20 23:45:41
Last error: 1772 (0x6ec):
            The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.

Naming Context: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,CN={xxx-xx-xx-xx-xxx}
Source: Default-First-Site-Name\xxx$VMwareVDMDSG
******* WARNING: KCC could not add this REPLICA LINK due to error.

I know this nodes and they are removed for about a year ago or similar and they are flooding my logs with errors as all of the other CS are trying to replicate to / from them.

I did remove them in the proper way.

They don't show up in Horizon View and vdmadmin -S -r -s don't work either.

Inside ADSIEdit for localhost:22389 under OU=Groups,OU=Properties,OU=Pod and then when I look under each pod they are not there either it's just my existing nodes there.

This is starting to drive me crazy!

Edit:
Also tried to run query in the ADSI Edit (&(objectClass=pae-PodEndpoint)(cn=xxxx)) can't find anything

Edit 2:
Sovled it and made a blog post about it:

https://stolpe.io/deleted-node-is-still-in-global-ldap-adam-db-and-how-to-delete-it/

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies