VMware Horizon Community
IngallsSnyder
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon multi-monitor

We are in the process of upgrading our Horizon from 7.13.1 to 8 2111 - one of the biggest issues in 7 was always the lack of support for "proper" resolution/scaling settings in a scenario where a user has a laptop with high resolution screen and an external monitor with, let's say HD resolution. Long story short, it would take scaling of the main monitor and apply it to all screens making it either everything too small on the high resolution screen or everything too big on the HD screen, depending on which one is the "main" display. Our sincere hope was that it will be somewhat "improved" in Horizon 8 - unfortunately, after some testing i'm not seeing any changes in the behavior.

Have anyone been able to deal with this issue successfully? Having same size screens is not always an option for some users working from home.

Thanks for any suggestions - not sure if it matters we use nvidia grid cards in svga mode on our servers 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
notpoetry
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tested this on Windows 11 on the latest VMware Horizon Client. Version 2111.

I usually just use full screen single monitor that at least works. Maybe you can test some more...

horizon-client.png

horizon-client2.png

On windows 11 you have this new option for split window...

windows-11.png

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Verify DPI synchronization is ON.  If may be be off if you have an unfortunate application that is not DPI aware and you are relying on display scaling.  

I'm currently typing this 2016 RDSH 7.13.1 agent with 4k and 1080p monitors.

0 Kudos