VMware Horizon Community
nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Desktop Pool Creation - Post-Synchronization Script Name & Post-Synchronization Script Param

Hello, I'm looking for any examples (actual screen images) of how to use .exe or .ps1 scripts in the Post-Synchronization Script Name & Post-Synchronization Script Param during the Horizon Desktop pool creation.

I've read through the documentation from VMWare, but unfortunately it's less than helpful. There's almost no information on how, exactly, the syntax needs to be in order to get them to run successfully. I've tried every combination I can think of. I understand the file needs to be on the master VM, and in the Post-Synchronization Script Name you set the full path (example: C:\users\user\desktop\file.exe), but it always fails.

I also don't understand how to use Post-Synchronization Script Param - there's an example of "p1 p2 p3", but I'm confused on exactly what that means. If I'm trying to run C:\users\user\desktop\file.ps1 and a param of -Remediate 1, how do I do that?

I've spent several hours trying to track down information on these two fields, and I'm not finding much. Any help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for Horizon, a moderator should move this thread there for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RoderikdeBlock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the past I have tried several times to call ps1 files as a Post Sync Script, but always without success. The trick I always use is to call a .bat file which kicks off the powershell script.

You only need one line to register this file. i.e.: "C:\temp\runps1.bat"

Roderik de Block

Blog: https://roderikdeblock.com
0 Kudos
nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great, thank you - that's what I discovered yesterday evening as well. Just use a .bat to kick off a .exe or .ps1, and it seems to work. Appreciate the help / confirmation!

0 Kudos