VMware Communities
dinkjs
Contributor
Contributor

xp.iso?????

I watched a video on a previous thread and they stated to click on xp.iso in finder and I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.......I have a legit XP disk with key and no where is there this thing to use......PLEASE HELP!

By the way...new Mac and Fusion user

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I watched a video on a previous thread and they stated to click on xp.iso in finder and I looked everywhere and couldn't find it......

Have no idea what video or thread you're referring to and generally it would be more helpful if you'd include a link to something you're referencing however...

I have a legit XP disk with key and no where is there this thing to use......PLEASE HELP!

There is no ISO Image unless you specifically downloaded or created one and since you already have a Windows CD you don't need a ISO Image. Just use the CD.

Also take the time to read the documentation at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help

Especially because you're new to Mac it makes it all that more important that you read the documentation in general much less for a product like Fusion.

0 Kudos
dinkjs
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the link to the discussion I talked about and when you scroll down there is a how to video that discusses XP.ISO

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/187263?tstart=15

Also when downloading it gets to a point where it is not recognizing a OS at all....I really need help here

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Here is the link to the discussion I talked about and when you scroll down there is a how to video that discusses XP.ISO

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/187263?tstart=15

Did you also read the entire thread and specifically ?

Also when downloading it gets to a point where it is not recognizing a OS at all....I really need help here

Not sure what you mean here and is somewhat ambiguous so aside from reading the documentation as previously suggested "VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help" have a look at:

0 Kudos
dinkjs
Contributor
Contributor

The screen I am getting is stating that my disk is not a valid disk even though it is because I have the product key and also I have owned this disk for almost 5 years now....I believe it is a SP 1....of course maybe that is the problem.......also what aren't these issues given right in the install book that comes with the disk....talking about ISO'S and such

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The screen I am getting is stating that my disk is not a valid disk even though it is because I have the product key and also I have owned this disk for almost 5 years now....I believe it is a SP 1....of course maybe that is the problem

Windows XP SP2 is the minimum supported version however I don't think that would stop it from installing. What type of CD is it and where did it come from? Did it come with an OEM computer or is it a Retail version?

What is the exact message? Also post a screenshot if need be.

also what aren't these issues given right in the install book that comes with the disk....talking about ISO'S and such

I'm not sure what issues you're referring to or why you keep referring to the ISO. Many of the supported OSes are distributed as ISO Images that can be downloaded from the various Manufactures web sites and you can either use a CD, DVD or ISO Image however in any case you have to provide the OS on whatever media you choose as Fusion does not come with the OSes regardless of media type.

0 Kudos