VMware Communities
jsadvertising20
Contributor
Contributor

windows activation issues

I installed bootcamp on 2 imacs and activated windows inside that. Then I installed fusion on them and followed with the tools. As soon as I booted into fusion/bootcamp in osx, windows keeps prompting me for a new activation and the existing activation codes don't work anymore (it doesn't say that the hardware has changed like other threads I've read). I put it off and put it off but now outside the 30 day grace period. Its still running somehow but I need to activate it somehow and I'm worried that if I call MS for new activation keys its just going to require another set again later.

These are NOT oem versions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

You need to call Microsoft and active over the phone not online. Explain to them it one install on one system and you also are trying to run it as a Virtual Machine when not booting directly with Boot Camp. Etc...

0 Kudos
sautan
Contributor
Contributor

Just call Microsoft. It's doesn't matter how long. I purchased the XP Pro few years ago and i have installed in 3 different systems and have called twice and they provide me with new Key Code (Bunch of LONG NUMBERS).

Well, i have my own issue. I also installed Windows from BootCamp and then Fusioned it. It asked for the activation code and i called Microsoft and obtain the Code. It works fine now. My issue .... I actually trying to boot direct into Windows rather than having working behind the MAC so it's faster especially in my office. I only use MAC for personal enjoyment so i don't need it while in office. IT IS ASKING FOR THE ACTIVATION KEY AGAIN when i boot direct!!! DO I have to keep on activate the windows when i swtich the boot method from direct to fusion and fusion back to direct????? Any soliution?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Did you install VMware Tools? What version of Fusion are you using?

0 Kudos