VMware Communities
p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

vmscsi driver error

Hi all,

I just download VMware Fusion and try to install windows xp SP2 on my macbook, but during installation windows start to ask for the vmware scsi driver on floppy drive, so I try to find the .flp file on my macbook but can't find it so I went to vmware website and download the vmscsi driver, I put it on a folder and configure the floppy to point to that file, I start a new installation of windows and now I recieved a error that said the file is corrupted, so I download it again but I have the same error.

Any help with this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you recreate the Virtual Machine using the LSILogic SCSI card option you should not need to load a special driver.

bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Also, Windows Easy Install will take care of the SCSI driver for you.

p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I don't find how to change the scsi controller to LSI and the autoinst.fp is not in my harddrive so the Easy install keep asking for.

Any help?

0 Kudos
p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I try several times but with Easy Install the windows installation keep asking for a VMware SCSI Controller.

I still can not find a way to change the bus type for the disk the option is grey out.

I donwload the vmscsi-1.2.0.4.flp and mounted on the floppy drive, I press F6 during boot and add the scsi driver but still said insert VMware Scsi Controller disk on drive A:

0 Kudos
p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I trying creating a new ide disk and deleting the scsi one but during install windows ask for a vmware scsi driver.

Any help?

0 Kudos