VMware Communities
bxs122
Contributor
Contributor

virtualizing an XP machine with Raid 1

When I built one of my home office machines I went all out with an expensive IBM mobo, nice CPU and Video Card - that was a couple of years ago and the machine is a solid performer albeit a bit dated today.

I've been replacing machines and laptops with Apple Gear the last year and this is one machine that I plan to replace with an Apple Tower or even just a mini.

I cannot just dump and run given the years invested in the XP machine so will need to use Fusion to run in a virtual session while transitioning the business applications to Mac.

Now the problem I am familiar with the stand alone converter and have used it on a dozen machines to preserve and run virtualized when needed...on this machine however I installed everything on a RAID 1 setup integrated on the motherboard. What happens now is when I run the Virtual Machine it BSODs in looking for the RAID Drivers.

How do I work around this without undoing the RAID setup - this is a business machine and plans are to virtualize and run both machines for a few weeks in the event the transition to Mac is not as smooth.

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bxs122
Contributor
Contributor

Bump - any help??

0 Kudos