VMware Communities
luciano991
Contributor
Contributor

vdmk and vmss files

Hello,

My Windows 7 VM running in VMWare 3,0,2 is awfully slow. I am running it with 2 GB of RAM on an iMac. Checking the package contents I am seeing a lot of vdmk files but no snapshots show up in the snapshot manager. Also my vmss file seems to be missing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Need to see a file listing of the Virtual Machine Package. Use the steps below to provide it in the format needed.

1. In a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal), type the following without the quotes, including the trailing space, however do not press Enter yet and note that the following contains lowercase L's, not ones: "ls -lAF "

2. In Fusion's Virtual Machine Library (VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Window > Virtual Machine Library), ctrl-click the target Virtual Machine and then select "Show in Finder".

3. Drag and drop the target Virtual Machine onto the Terminal and this will populate the fully qualified pathname of the Virtual Machine.

4. Next type the following without quotes, including leading space, then press Enter: " > ~/Desktop/filelist.txt"

Example of the full command line in Terminal:

ls -lAF /Users/${USER}/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows XP.vmwarevm  > ~/Desktop/filelist.txt

5. Next attach the filelist.txt file that was created on the Desktop to a reply post.

0 Kudos