VMware Communities
dm15900
Contributor
Contributor

usb microphone not recognized in virtual machine

Using Fusion 2.0.4 to run a Vista vm off of my Boot Camp partition. I am using a Philips Speechmike Pro usb 6274 mic to run Dragon voice recognition software. In Boot Camp, mic is recognized and everything works fine. No matter what I do, I can't get the vm to recognize this usb device.

Things I've tried that did not work:

1. made sure usb mic is set as audio input device of choice in mac settings prior to launching guest.

2. unplugged usb mic, then started guest and plugged back in.

3. found a webpage that suggested editing configuration (.vmx) file to allow generic usb devices to be recognized. Can't find any config file on my mac.

Any help appreciated. Am new to Fusion and would really like to use this instead of Boot Camp!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Let me know if you have installed the phillips speach mic drivers on the virtual machine...I will suggest you to collect the log files and send it.

Steps to collect fusion log files:

1) Open Fusion.

2) Go to VMware Fusion Help menu on the top menu bar-> select 'Collect Support information'.

3) Please enter the admin password once prompted for.

4) As soon as the admin password is keyed-in, the log file will be generated and saved on the Desktop with the file extension ".tgz".

5) Please locate and attach the generated ".tgz" file.

Also ,let me know if a normal line in mic is getting detected on the virtual machine or any other USB mic in Virtual machine...

0 Kudos
dm15900
Contributor
Contributor

Support file attached. I was able to get another usb microphone

working without problem (Plantronics CS-50 USB). I simply plugged it

in and it worked. I am assuming that because I installed the driver

for the SpeechMike Pro on my Boot Camp installation, that the drivers

exist in the virtual machine I created from the Boot Camp partition.

Thanks for your response!

0 Kudos
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello again.

Thanks for the quick Response I will update you further I get any details on this.

0 Kudos