VMware Communities
antacquiesce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

uninstalling windows on fusion

So the only reason I wanted Fusion was for running my Windows-based video games on my mac. I feel that even if i give it the max ammount of RAM the games still run pretty slow and I assume its mostly due to the fact that I'm running both OS'. I think that I'd be better off just uninstalling Windows and Fusion and just using Boot Camp since it just lets me boot in one or the other, and would give me the ability to use all of my resources. I want to do this, but I updated the game and all the installation files so I was wondering a couple of things. How can I back up the data from the game onto my mac? And my second and biggest question, how do I uninstall windows and remove the partition on my mac harddrive (aka how do I remove windows and all the files it has from my HD/get the space back to use on Leopard. Any help would be great because I'm still new to mac and I haven't learned all the tricks and how to find stuff/remove stuff/ whatnot. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need a drive in a common format between OS X and Windows to backup your data. Usually this is a FAT32 partition or drive. Unless your game data is huge, I recommend using a USB thumb drive for this purpose.

Your VMware virtual disks are normally created in Documents > Virtual Machines. If you delete the whole Virtual Machines folder, you should get all of the space used by your virtual machines.

To uninstall Fusion, insert the CD or open the downloaded Fusion 1.1.dmg file and run the uninstaller program in there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You need a drive in a common format between OS X and Windows to backup your data. Usually this is a FAT32 partition or drive. Unless your game data is huge, I recommend using a USB thumb drive for this purpose.

Your VMware virtual disks are normally created in Documents > Virtual Machines. If you delete the whole Virtual Machines folder, you should get all of the space used by your virtual machines.

To uninstall Fusion, insert the CD or open the downloaded Fusion 1.1.dmg file and run the uninstaller program in there.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

For our reference, what were the games you tried to use? What type of Mac is this, and with what configuration (flavor of Windows, number of processors, RAM, etc.)? If it's a DirectX game, did you enable 3D acceleration?

antacquiesce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The game I was trying to use is Final Fantasy XI (MMORPG) its a macbook pro, windows xp pro, newest macbook 2.33 processor dual core or whatever its called lol. and 2 gigs of ram and i did enable the 3d acceleration

0 Kudos