VMware Communities
donwolfkonecny
Contributor
Contributor

unable to play windows games

I got fusion and installed XP in order to play some windows-only games. But so far I haven't been able to. Sins of a Solar Empire just quits with no error message. Grim fandango "stutters" (sound and action go pause go pause etc).

I am running imac 2G duo with 1G RAM.

can anyone help me.

Also, am i blind or is there no way to search the discussions for keywords?

thanks

donWolf

0 Kudos
4 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

Did you enable "Accelerate 3D graphics" in Virtual machine -> Settings -> Display? If not, try it (you need to shutdown your VM to change this setting).

0 Kudos
scottishwildcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

And don't forget that even with acceleration enabled, by no means all Windows game will run in Fusion (nor do VMware claim that they will).

Re searching, I see two search boxes up in the top right of my screen, one for the whole site and one for this community-- are they not working for you?

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

Please

check the minimum system requirements for Solar Empire

it is required DirectX 9.0c

Currently VMware Fusion support DirectX 9.0 without "shaders” not (9.0c,

etc), it would not currently be expected to work.

<!-- BEGIN attachments ><! END attachments ><! BEGIN content details -->

0 Kudos
donwolfkonecny
Contributor
Contributor

okay, thanks for the info everyone.

i am not familiar with windows so i had no idea what directx is etc

guess i can't do what i wanted. the site says you can play windows games native, i guess not modern games. oh well

oh i see the searches up there when i scroll up now, thanks. guess i had my window centerd on the forums area and there aren't any search fields in the forums area of the screen but now i see where they are thank you!

0 Kudos