VMware Communities
cbolin
Contributor
Contributor

switching between full screen

I use Unity. I was wondering if there is anyway to switch between full screen Windows (or guest OS) and OSX without having to switch to guest windowed mode first? I'd like to switch back and forth without having to use Unity at all. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rai123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am not quite sure what you mean, so maybe my reply is totally of your question.

To easily switch between OS and Windows in full screen I use "Spaces" in MacOs where I configured that Window opens in another "space" than any other OS programme. I once changed Guest/Windows to start in full screen mode. Now everything I have to do to switch is use the shortcuts I choose in Spaces. So every time I switch to the space I have a full screen windows running like on any pc.

Hope this at least tangles your question.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Your question doesn't really make sense to me, so I'll just review Fusion's view modes. There are three: fullscreen, single window, and Unity. You can switch between any of them by using the View menu. Assuming you have Mac OS shortcuts enabled, you can switch between host apps (such as Fusion and Safari) with cmd-tab.

0 Kudos
cbolin
Contributor
Contributor

I have clearly read the documentation and know the window modes very well.

My question is this: I want a full screen OSX session. I want to hit a hotkey (like you can now) to switch to fullscreen Windows. I then want to hit another hotkey and switch back to full screen OSX WITHOUT having the windows session turn into "windowed" view on the OSX session. This seems like a very good way to use both and compromise nothing (like being able to see the windows start menu and taskbar natively).

Returning to the OSX desktop and having to minimize the Windows window to do anything is annoying.

0 Kudos
cbolin
Contributor
Contributor

this works really well! Thanks.

0 Kudos