VMware Communities
DBSmith1
Contributor
Contributor

support for Precision Trackpad in Windows 10

Apologies in advance if this replicates question(s) already posted; I find the site too cluttered to try and sort through where I should look:

Just became aware of something Windows 10 calls "Precision Trackpad". Having Precision Trackpad enabled allows u.a. back-and-forth page navigation in Edge.

Does Fusion support Precision Trackpad? I'm running Fusion 12 with Win10 and it isn't supported on my system. The regular trackpad works fine -- can swipe to switch between apps. But I want to navigate in Edge the same way I can in Safari.

Anyone?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

The track pad is presented to the guest OS as a mouse.

As a result the guest OS doesn't really see a track pad, which makes it hard to enable trackpad specific features.

Mouse gestures OTOH should work. If not then you can try setting the mouse to "Gaming mouse" mode in the Fusion preferences screen.

PS: I think you meant to say that you run Fusion 10, not Fusion 12 as that hasn't been released yet.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
DBSmith1
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about the version number mistake -- I run Parallels on another machine and that's just moved from v. 12 to v. 13.

I'm running Fusion 8.5.8 and haven't upgraded to v. 10 -- I would if it had support for Precision Trackpad in Windows 10!

Curious that you say the trackpad 'presents as a mouse'. In my 8.5.8/Win10 system the trackpad presents as a trackpad but Windows 10 does not recognize it as a "Precision Trackpad".

On the Parallels VM the trackpad is seen as a mouse, not as a trackpad.

I'm not an engineer -- hardware or software -- but I'm surprised that the trackpad hardware can't be handed off between which ever O/S is active. But that's what the people at Parallels say, too, so I guess it must be so.

0 Kudos