VMware Communities
eKasia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

startup and shutdown options...?

Is there a way to set VM startup and/or shutdown options? Eg.: launch VM when host machine starts up

Also, everytime I launch my VM session, it automatically logs into the Administrator account. I would like it to boot up to the log in screen where I can select which user I want to log in as.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To start a VM when Fusion starts choose Windows > Virtual Machine Library, then click the star next to the machine(s) you want to startup. To start VMware Fusion when you login to OS X, in System Preferences > Accounts, pick your login account, then click on Login Options, +, and add VMware Fusion to the list.

To stop Windows from automatically logging in, use Start > Run > control userpasswords2 and check "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

See this http://www.vmadmin.co.uk/index.php/resources/35-esxserver/111-esxautostartstop

~ Cheers,

~ Jain # Do not forget about points,if you found answer useful Heart

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+
0 Kudos
eKasia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey thanks Smiley Happy I do not have an ESX server, and am having a hard time finding the download - is it free? If so, do you know where I can get it?

Thanks a bunch!

Kasia

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To start a VM when Fusion starts choose Windows > Virtual Machine Library, then click the star next to the machine(s) you want to startup. To start VMware Fusion when you login to OS X, in System Preferences > Accounts, pick your login account, then click on Login Options, +, and add VMware Fusion to the list.

To stop Windows from automatically logging in, use Start > Run > control userpasswords2 and check "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

0 Kudos
eKasia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you , that did exactly what I needed :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Oh I thought you are talking about ESX/ESXi Smiley Happy

>is it free? If so, do you know where I can get it?

ESXi is free, but you need have compatible hardware & have to install it directly on hardware, not like fusion.

Location to download is http://www.vmware.com/products/esxi/

~ Cheers, Jain # VCP 4

~ Do not forget about points,if you found answer useful Heart

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Alternately, just put your virtual machine in the login options list. This would also let you start up multiple virtual machines at login, should you wish.

0 Kudos