VMware Communities
mnude
Contributor
Contributor

solaris server issues with connecting to it via mac

Hi all

I am wanting to know what could be wrong as I only seem to have one way communication between mac and solaris running in a vmware session.

Could anyone suggest why I cannot ping my vmware solaris session from the mac yet can connect via solaris to the mac book.  I am running bridged connection 2 different ip addresses on the same subnet.  Running a storedge webserver and should be able to view and connect via a remote host but cannot.

More background info - macbook pro running lion.  Vmware fusion for mac 4.x.

Cheers

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mnude
Contributor
Contributor

Not answered -

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Based solely on what you've said, and the lack of additional information, the only general thoughts I have is since the Virtual Machine apparently has Internet/Network Connectivity from within itself and you cannot access it from the Host, it sounds like either a Firewall issue or something isn't configured properly under Solaris.

However, other then that more information is needed...

Note: Do not use "x" in the requested information, use fully qualified version information.

What version OS X?

What version of VMware Fusion?

What version of Solaris?

Have you installed VMware Tools in Solaris?

How is the Host connected to the LAN, Ethernet or WiFi and have to tried both and if so are the results the same?

What type, Manufacture make/model/version of Router is the Host connected to?

Additionally... To help figure out what is what, the best way to provide comprehensive diagnostic information is to use the "Collect Support Information" command from the VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > Collect Support Information and then attach the .tgz file it created on your Desktop to a reply post.

0 Kudos