VMware Communities
mas2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

selecting multiple items in xp

Hi. I'm a relatively new user (born again macuser after about a decade of using windows), and I'm having trouble selecting multiple items in Windows XP running Fusion in a bootcamp partition. In normal windows-speak, it's the control-click function. Fusion help said to hit "command click", and it works in lists like in excel, but in folders I can't select multiple (and not contiguous because "shift click" works) files or in endnote I can't select multiple reference items that aren't in a row. "Control click" works under the bootcamp if I boot directly into windows xp, but control-click is "right click" in fusion.

Is there an FAQ on this that I missed or is anyone else having trouble with this? Other than that I love fusion (especially the unity feature) and it works great.

If it helps, I'm running Leopard 10.5.1 on a macbook (mid 2007 version); VMwareFusion 1.1; and Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thanks.

-Mas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MandarMS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

from the VMware Fusion menu go to VMware Fusion > preferences> and uncheck the "Enable Mac OS keyboard shortcuts" and "Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

from the VMware Fusion menu go to VMware Fusion > preferences> and uncheck the "Enable Mac OS keyboard shortcuts" and "Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts"

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To explain this a little more, ctrl-click is a Mac-ism for right click, and many users expect it to work this way. Unchecking "Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts" makes ctrl-click work like normal.

mas2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much to ManarMS and etung for the super fast reply!

-Mas

0 Kudos