VMware Communities
rfustinoalgoran
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

rpc server unavailable at login

Running VMWare Fusion Pro 12.1.0 (17195230) and applied my activation code in the windows 10 Pro VM, tried to shutdown. It complained about can not be shutdown now, "if you shutdown now, you and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work." I am the only one using it so shutdown anyway. Now I am getting an error when attempting to log back in. "The RPC server is unavailable." and can not log in. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rfustinoalgoran
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i was able to restore to a backup of the vm. Not sure what caused this but it is working now. This can be closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@rfustinoalgoran 

Those are all Windows messages, leaving me to wonder what this might have to do with VMware Fusion?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rfustinoalgoran
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i was able to restore to a backup of the vm. Not sure what caused this but it is working now. This can be closed.

0 Kudos